After having secured its military activities, French custom yacht builder Chantier Naval Couach will be revealing a total of 20 new models, spanning five diverse ranges, over the next 18 months.
Couach 26M Timeless Collection by Espen Øino
Among this strategy, a new collaboration with Espen Øino International for the design of Timeless, Super Sport and Super Yacht collections, and a new explorer vessel Lounge Collection by the in-house designer Clement Carbonne
Having invested several millions euros in its technical facilities and workshops in Arcachon, on the French Atlantic coast, since 2015, the company is poised to enter a new era in custom yacht construction.
Couach has also made a number of strategic recruitment choices for both management and design departments, bringing new blood and inspiration to continue the legacy of the maritime company, which will be celebrating its 120th anniversary in 2017.
The new Couach ranges will be known as the Mediterranean Collection, the Timeless Collection, the Super Sport Collection, the Lounge Collection and the Super Yacht Collection.
- The Mediterranean Collection incorporates three models intended to be used as a tender or chase boat: a 13m, a 15m and a 17m model. The models were originally designed to meet clients’ tender specification and Couach will be making them available to its wider client base.
- The Timeless Collection designed by Espen Øino International will include six fast flybridge yacht models between 20 and 40 metres, each representing the perfect expression of Couach expertise. The size range of the Timeless Collection allows yacht owners to embrace the sweet spot between experiencing the luxury of a superyacht, through design features and on-board crew, while maintaining a closeness to the water that can be lost on larger vessels. The design of a 26m model in the Timeless range has been completed, while a further five models are expected to follow in coming months.
- The Super Sport Collection, also from the drafting board of Espen Øino International, will extend to six open yacht models, also in the range of 20 to 40 metres. Reflecting a ‘no compromise’ attitude, much like the Timeless Collection, the Super Sport models will draw on design influences and the performance of military ships. Combining lightness with power, outstanding seakeeping with excellent manoeuvrability, and comfort with innovation, the Super Sport collection will be an exciting and inspiring choice for the most intrepid of owners who also demand luxury in a yacht.
- The Super Yacht Collection designed by Espen Øino for Couach will offer unrivaled space and supreme comfort in a transatlantic-capable vessel of 40m-plus. Drawing on the vast combined experience of the builder and owner, each custom-built and designed vessel in this range will deliver its owner with the technical expertise of Couach with the prestige of an Espen Øino design. At present, one preliminary concept will be presented to provide inspiration for each buyer’s perfect yacht.
- The Lounge Collection, from in-house Couach designer Clément Carbonne, exemplifies modern adventure in three semi-displacement explorer models: 35m, 38m and 42m. With the bold lines, high freeboard and protected hull of a robust explorer yacht, the Lounge Collection marries comfort and luxury with the spirit of adventure. The large, open living spaces - such as in the full-deck living-dining room with enormous windows, and wide- beam upper deck with dining and seating areas - provide a true inside-outside style of living for those onboard.
Clement Carbonne - 38M Lounge Collection