17 winning products and two honorable mentions recognized during Innovation Breakfast
The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Boating Writers International (BWI) honored today winners of the 2018 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards, recognizing exceptionally groundbreaking new consumer marine products.
The Awards were presented during the boat show’s annual Innovation Breakfast, held at Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin on Virginia Key.
This year’s program evaluated 62 products across 19 categories featuring an outstanding pool of entries. The judges ultimately selected 17 winners and two honorable mentions in 16 categories for a total of 19 honorees.
The 2018 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show Innovation Award winners are:
- Cabin Cruisers:350 Realm, Boston Whaler, Inc.
- Center Console/ Walkaround Fishing Boats: DC 365, Pursuit Boats
- Consumer Safety Equipment (Dual Winners):Search and Rescue Yellow TD2401, Throw Raft; CrewWatcher MOB Alert, Weems & Plath
- Cuddy Cabin and Bowrider Boats:Sport 38 LS, Tiara Yachts
- Deck Equipment:Outboard Swivel Rigging Hose Connector Kit, Hardin Marine
- Docking and Fendering Equipment:Blue Isles Solar Docks, PowerDocks LLC
- Electric Motor/ Battery Powered Propulsion/ Hybrids: PropEle Electric Boat Motors Inc. EP Carry, Annapolis Hybrid Marine
- Environmental Award:PlasDeck Eco Series, Plasteak, Inc.
- Inboard Engines: 3JH40 Common Rail Inboard Diesel Engine, Yanmar Marine International B.V.
- Outboard Engines:3.4L V6 Outboard, Mercury Marine
- Personal Gear, Soft Goods: Super Watch Jacket, Grundens USA
- Personal Watercraft:Sea-Doo GTX Limited Watercraft, BRP U.S., Inc.
- Propulsion Equipment & Parts: BOW-Proportional, Vetus Maxwell, Inc.
Honorable Mention: SurfPointe, Yamaha WaterCraft Group Company
- Sailboats:Walk-Around Deck 490, Jeanneau America
Honorable Mention: 50, Leopard
- Tow Boats:Xstar, MasterCraft Boat Company
- Watersport Equipment:Frigid Rigid Pull Cooler, Rigid Boats
The Innovation Awards judges’ committee is comprised of eight BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine products and equipment. The judges’ committee is co-chaired by Zuzana Prochazka and Alan Wendt.