Yachting Art Magazine offers you to discover the 2017 edition of the Miami Boat Show... by numbers ! Another way to stroll the pontoons !
An original Miami Boat Show snapshot, at what it takes to pull off one of the world's biggest boat shows, alongside Boot Düsseldorf, Nautic Paris, and Yachting Festival Cannes !
At Miami Boat Show, you will discover...
- $3 billion – that’s the total value of boats, engines and marine products!
- More than 100,000 attendees expected
- 1,100 exhibitors
- More than 1 million sq. ft. of exhibit space
- More than 1,300 boats to shop including 565 boats in-water and more than 100 yachts
- 130 sailboats at Strictly Sail Miami
- 200 sea trials, all with licensed captain or manufacturer’s representative
- 800 hands-on, on-water boat operating classes
- Over 22 miles of electric cable used for the show’s floating docks
- 10,000 steps to be stepped, while browsing boats on 3 miles of docks
- 10 Freebees used per day
- 104 buses used daily
- 24 water taxi boats (47 percent more than 2016)
- 80 air-conditioning units cool down the show’s tents
- A quarter of a million feet of extension cords!
- Over 500 power distribution stations
- 8 ½ miles of carpet
- 1.5 million lbs. of freight transported for exhibitors
- 370 trucks unloaded
- 10 miles of steel used for boat show structures
- 900,000 square feet under temporary cover
- 1,500 lights in structures/tents/docks with more than 2,000 LED lights
- One Miami International Boat Show drone to capture all the fun from above
THe 2017 Miami Boat Show expected... estimates/items sold !!
- 24,425 lbs. of beef, chicken and salmon to be sold at the 2017 show
- 3,000 lbs. of rice for sushi at the 2017 Miami Boat Show
- 2,600 Burritos prepared to order
- 2,900 salads prepared to order
- 4,500 hot dogs
- 1,500 Cuban sandwiches
- 3,000 pizzas
- 3,100 sausages from portable carts
- 1,750 grilled cheese from Killer Melts Food Truck
- 1,425 pita sandwiches from Moty’s Food Truck
- 1,750 bottles of bubbly popped in celebration of the Miami Boat Show!
- 350 bottles of Belvedere Vodka, making a total of 5,833 mixed drinks
- 16,500 bottles of water
- 10,750 sodas
- 4,800 fresh squeezed lemonade
- 250 food and beverage employees per day
Boats to watck : the Big & Small of It at the 2017 Miami Boat Show
- Largest Boat at Miami Marine Stadium - Marlow Marine 97 Explorer, Pier 8
- Largest Catamaran at Strictly Sail - Lagoon Seventy 7, Pier 3 – Slip 29
- Largest Sailboat at Strictly Sail - Oyster 745, Pier B – Slip 29
- Expensive Boats to Browse - Azimut Yacht Grande 95RPH ($11M); Marlow Marine 97 Explorer ($5.4M)
- Boating Magazine’s “Boat of the Year” - Regal 290 OBX
- World’s Fastest Luxury Yacht - SV Yachts Alpha, Pier 9